Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16
government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in
educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in
Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and
Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Administrative Assistant plays an integral role in the smooth and efficient operations of the Sprott Shaw campus. Usually the first point-of-contact, the Administrative Assistant is the public’s first perception of the campus.
- Perform general administrative duties such as reception, mail, inter-office communications, outgoing correspondence, petty cash and ordering supplies/textbooks/equipment
- Maintain the standardized file set-up for vocational/retail student files, government project files, correspondence files, daily organization systems and dead files (archives)
- Provide marketing support to admissions by handling phone inquiries, appointments, walk-ins, and marketing statistics according to structured guidelines
- Ensure proper procedures and processes are followed for student registrations, file creations, and start schedules - and inputted into FAST
- Monitor attendance and keep the Admissions Advisor informed about any new student’s absence
- Provide the Director with the names of students who have excessive absenteeism
- Print and distribute monthly interim transcripts every four weeks for each student
- Process diplomas, certificates, and final transcripts
- Read and follow all procedures and policies and become aware of updated procedures
- Participate in graduation functions
- Attend faculty meetings and in-service training sessions
- May act as an instructional assistant in smaller campuses
Qualifications and Education
- Post Secondary Education preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of related working experience required
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Excellent communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.