Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director and under the supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Advisor is responsible for promoting and educating prospective students on the Company’s array of programs, complete enrolment and provide exemplary customer service.
Responsibilities and duties
The Admissions Advisor guides prospective students throughout the admissions process:
- Handling inquiry calls, emails, walk-ins and scheduling appointments
- Conducting admission interviews, and following up with prospective students
- Guiding and advising prospective students on admission requirements, application processes, Sprott Shaw College’s curriculum, postsecondary education and career opportunities
- Utilizing and reviewing materials regularly such as program curriculum, information package and printed materials, Ministry guidelines, admission reports, and PTIB information to ensure that all information given is accurate
- Cooperating with the financial services office in tracking and assisting each new enrolment
- Collaborating with the academic department to ensure student retention
- Welcoming new students by introducing them to the Campus Director and staff members
- Maintaining contact/rapport with students to monitor their progress during their program; practices “open door policy”
Achieve agreed upon enrolment targets and outcomes:
- Carrying out daily activities to schedule face to face, phone and virtual appointment
- Coordinating enrolment effort with lead flow and established targets
- Analyzing lead quality and status reports
- Ensuring the admissions reports in Lead Center are up to date and accurate
- Reviewing and analyzing transcripts as well as other official documents to determine admission status
- Administrating the student registration process and ensure that student files have complete documentation that comply with PTIB regulations
- Ensuring compliance with the Private Training Institutions Branch PTIB, Provincial and Federal Student Loans
- Abiding by the process outlined in Advisor Playbook
- Using Lead Center to maintain accurate notes of all communications and conversations
- Informing Campus Director of concerns, and situations that may results in program failure or attrition
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participating in graduation functions
- Conducting and participating school/career day presentations and participate at trade shows as required
To be successful in the Admissions Advisor role, candidates need to demonstrate the following:
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education
- Minimum of one (1) year sales experience
- Related work experience in an administrative role
- Experience in an academic advising or post-secondary administration role is preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel) and CRM programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and build relationships, both over the phone and in person
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Superior work ethic with the ability to initiate and remain on task without supervision
- Must have a reliable vehicle as some travel is required
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Community | Diversity | Integrity | Quality | Respect | Results Oriented
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.