Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
This is a hands-on, mid-level administrative and service focused role, suited for those with a long-term goal in management and eventually in campus leadership. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is organized and able to problem solve.
Under the direct guidance of the Campus Director, the Associate Director undertakes duties as assigned, and deputizes for the Director if and when needed. The Associate Director may also need to instruct if and when required. The Associate Director encourages and reinforces a student-focused campus culture.
- Duties as assigned by the Campus Director which may include providing leadership in campus operations, and in campus staff and student management.
- If Instruction is required, adherence to the guidelines of the Instructor Handbook
- Ensure that all school policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that the campus is clean, safe, and free of hazards by conducting regular safety inspections
- Provide oversight of Campus administration including ensuring that all matters of compliance are being adhered to
- Assist with program scheduling and ensure physical resources such as classroom space, textbooks, and equipment meet the programs’ needs
- Review student courses and teacher evaluations and address any concerns (in consultation with the Campus Director)
- Recruit and train instructional and support staff
- Conduct performance appraisals and be responsible for the performance management of support staff (in consultation with the Campus Director)
- Address any student queries or concerns
- Deputise for the Campus Director when required
Qualifications and Education
- Undergraduate degree or professional designation accompanied by two years of experience in education or teaching; OR a five-year combination of academic and related experience (supervisory experience preferred); OR completed graduate studies in Education, Business or a relevant subject matter with one year of related experience
- Knowledge of post-secondary education procedures (including instructing experience) and policies
- Knowledge of financial models would be beneficial
- Reliable means of transportation is a must
- Knowledge of MS Office and database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Planning and organizing
- Networking and relationship building
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.