Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reports to the Campus Director with guidance from the ECE Instructor/Lead Instructor to ensure the students’ practicum are coordinated and executed as planned.
For each 4-week practicum:
- Week 1: College practicum supervisor will make contact with both the student and the sponsor by phone for updates on the week
- Week Two (touch-back lab recommended): College practicum supervisor will begin weekly progress visits and/or touch-back labs using the Training Prescription form to evaluate and provide feedback for the student
- Week Three (progress visit recommended): College practicum supervisor will begin weekly progress visits and/or touch-back labs using the Training Prescription form to evaluate and provide feedback for the student
- Week Four - Last Day (touch-back lab): The Sponsor Evaluation and Attendance Sheet will be completed and given to the college practicum supervisor; The curriculum activity planning sheets folder is to be kept by the student; College practicum supervisor will arrange a final meeting with the student to give a final grade; Completed Sponsor Evaluation and Attendance Record is given at the end of the practicum to the college practicum supervisor
Qualifications and Education
- ECE Certificate OR Undergraduate Degree in ECE or related discipline
- Two years of experience in an ECE profession
- Experience in practicum supervision preferred
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Excellent communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.