Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Campus Financial Assistant will play a key role in our student admissions process by conducting financial interviews, explaining financial options and completing required documentation. The Campus Financial Assistant has strong interpersonal skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines. Emphasis is placed on quality and compliance in the accurate completion of documentation and reporting as part of the College’s Admissions and Operation process.
- Inform students of their financial obligation and the institution’s financial aid options
- Diligently follow-up, and ensure that Notice of Assistance (NOA), Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) documentation is in place at all times for each student, where applicable.
- Time bound paperwork, feedback and submission of paperwork to relevant funding agencies
- Perform accounts receivable reports for overdue payments and verify results.
- Process notifications to students who are overdue and follow up on payment plans.
- Review financial applications and disclosure statements for completeness and accuracy.
- Update appropriate systems to ensure the timely processing, funding, billing and collections of the package selected.
- Monitor and follow up on the status of all pending student loan documents in order to maintain an accurate accounting of each student’s financial aid package through first disbursement.
- May participate in new student orientations, as applicable.
- Participation in College, Division, and Program Activities
- Serve as first point of contact for students with payment-related questions and escalate to appropriate staff member if necessary.
- Enter invoices, reimbursements and payment requests
- Supports active interdepartmental cooperation with other departments
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information.
- Assist Operations staff with assessing effectiveness of processes and suggest improvements. In smaller campuses, this role may be combined with another role
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretions of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
Qualifications and Education
- 1 year experience with clerical or bookkeeping / customer service-related role or college finance / admissions.
- Experience working with internet-based communication tools
Skills & Competencies
High Degree of Accuracy
Attention to Detail
Knowledge of MS Office and Database Systems
Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Strong telephone skills
Highly motivated team player
Ability to effectively organize and establish priorities.
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.