Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director the Teaching Assistant (TA) plays an integral role in assisting the Instructors within the program. Though not required to teach, the TA may need to assist, under the Instructors guidance, with monitoring and supervising students during group work/breakout sessions. A key requirement of this role includes the efficient marking of student submitted work to ensure a timely return
- Assisting the program Instructors with lesson preparation including research the sourcing of teaching material
- Provide the program Instructors with administrative support
- Grade tests, exams, and assignments in accordance with the provided marking schemes
- Proctor tests and exams, ensuring student integrity
- Provide correspondence to students on all forms of assessments in a timely manner
- Ensure comments and feedback are constructive and tactful
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
Qualifications and Education
- Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in relevant field is required
- Experience in related field is required
- Experience as a Teaching Assistant an asset
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with using computer software
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Planning and Organizing
- Ability to work with little supervision
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.