Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Instructor is responsible for delivering components of the courses to students.
- Prepares, distributes, and explains all teaching materials using only pre-authorized or Sprott Shaw materials
- Ability to follow processes, policies, and procedures for all forms of assessments
- Maintain classroom organization while practicing COVID-19 preventative measures
- Participates in campus-level and organization-level meetings and events
- Attend monthly faculty and calibration meetings for program alignment
- Adheres to Sprott Shaw College policies including maintaining student confidentiality of student information
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
Qualifications and Education
Instructors/facilitators must have an appropriate combination of education, occupational experience and teaching experience as follows:
- For career programs, a certificate/diploma/degree related to the field of instruction, supplemented by 24 months of occupational experience in the field of instruction or 10 years demonstrated experience in the field of instruction;
- Experience and/or education teaching
- For designated or recognized trade programs, an appropriate trade qualification supplemented by 48 months of occupational experience in the field of instruction;
- For all programs, institutions need to provide evidence by way of an annual performance review that all regular* instructors have adequate instructional skills and any identified shortcomings or areas for development in instructional design, instructional delivery, or educational outcomes must be addressed by the institution through appropriate professional development plans
* Regular instructors include: Instructors employed or contracted on a full-time basis; part-time instructors who are employed or contracted on a regular basis for more than two courses a year
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Service orientation
- Planning and organizing
What we offer
- Reimbursement of Practicing license or Professional Association Membership fees
- Tuition discount for Spouse and Children
- Long Service Awards Program
- Employer-paid training such as Indigenous Awareness and LGBTQ2+
- Reimbursement of tuition costs for attaining Adult Education Credential.
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended health care (Dental, Vision, paramedical)
- Flexible schedule, work-life work life balance
- Eligible to participate in a Registered Retired Savings Plan and the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- 5 sick and 2 personal leave days a year for full-time employees
- Education and Training allowance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
- Application Process: Please apply with a cover letter and resume on this site.
- Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.