Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is one of the oldest colleges in British Columbia with over 120 years of storied history. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
The Campus Education Manager (CEM), working under the direct guidance of the Campus Director, provides oversight and support to students and instructional staff in matters related to on-campus education delivery. Internal communication directly or indirectly (via the College Director) is with SSC’s Education Director on matters related to the curriculum and with the Compliance Manager on issues related to the student policy. This role is focused on ensuring that the academic component of the student experience is expertly managed and that instructors are supported in their efforts to provide an outstanding student experience.
- Create and manage all class schedules for students and instructors
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring of instructors
- Conduct instructor performance reviews
- Review student courses and teacher evaluations and address any concerns
- Conduct regular classroom observations and coach instructional staff as needed
- Oversee new instructor on-boarding and professional development
- Monitor students’ academic progress, and initiate remedial processes when needed
- Work with instructors to problem-solve student issues
- Ensure that academic materials and resources are in proper order and supply
- Act as the authority on all program assessment processes including matters related to test-taking and grading
- Assist with orientation and graduation events
- Provide recommendations and supporting documentation to the Director in all matters related to student disputes and instructor performance issues
- Some teaching may be required
Qualifications and Education
- Undergraduate degree (a Masters degree is an asset)
- Professional designation in education or four years of experience in adult education or teaching
- Knowledge of the private college education sector is an asset
- Excellent understanding of best practices in Andragogy
- Excellent conflict resolution management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, team-building, and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time-sensitive activities
- Strong skills in MS Office and database systems
- Planning and organizing
- Service orientation
What We Offer
- Reimbursement of practicing license or professional association membership fees
- Education and training allowance
- Tuition discount for spouse and children
- Comprehensive extended health benefits
- Disability and life insurance
- RRSP matching
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Work-life balance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, and/or disability.