Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is one of the oldest colleges in British Columbia with over 120 years of storied history. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Instructor is responsible for delivering components of the courses to students.
- Instructs curriculum using only pre-authorized or Sprott Shaw materials
- Takes part in our program TEAMs and contribute to maintaining the curriculum for the betterment of the program
- Organizes and is responsible for instructor materials
- Distributes and explains course outlines at beginning of every class to every student
- Defines daily objectives and begins with an overview of the daily lesson plan
- Distributes textbooks and materials at the beginning of the course
- Checks inventory and orders lab supplies as needed
- Administers all assessments as closed book (exceptions are noted on the specific course outlines e.g. FITT) and according to guidelines and procedures
- Grades and checks daily work, projects, and quizzes in a timely fashion according to guidelines
- Follows procedures for administering, recording grades, and filing of assessments.
- Marks in a timely fashion and according to guidelines provided
- Maintains attendance sheets accurately
- Sets a professional example
- Assures that classrooms and labs are left in a clean and orderly fashion at end of class
- Allows every student the chance to evaluate the course and teaching methods using the student evaluation form at the end of every course
- Uses the Classroom Observation Worksheet to guide teaching practices
- Provides Head Office with an evaluation of each course taught
- Offers assistance to other faculty and staff
- Covers all material for the week, in a condensed form if necessary to provide for holidays or professional days
- Participates in grad functions
- Attends faculty meetings and in-service training
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
Qualifications and Education
- Post-secondary diploma as paralegal
- Three (3) years of full-time experience as paralegal
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Effectively develops goals and objectives
- Demonstrating a focus on continuous improvement
- Efficiently planning and organizing
- Service Oriented Approach
- Network and Relationship Building
- High standards of ethics, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service
What We Offer
- Reimbursement of practicing license or professional association membership fees
- Education and training allowance
- Tuition discount for spouse and children
- Comprehensive extended health benefits
- Disability and life insurance
- RRSP matching
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule, work-life balance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, and/or disability.